WATER TREATMENT SOLUTIONS

WaterTreatment-imm

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE BASED PRODUCTS

It's estimated that 2 million tons of sewage, industrial waste, and agricultural waste are dumped into the world's water systems every day.

Many industrial facilities continue to use chlorine to treat their water. Others are switching to hydrogen peroxide water treatment. That's because peroxide water treatment is safer and more effective than chlorine.

Benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide Water Treatment

The benefits of hydrogen peroxide water treatment are plenty. We've listed the top advantages for various industrial facilities below:

  • No contact tank is required because it works faster than chlorine

  • Kills iron bacteria and prevents bacterial slime from building

  • There's no trace of chemical residues because peroxide decomposes fully into water

  • Because hydrogen peroxide integrates into water immediately, it's also biodegradable

  • Improves main and secondary filtration, even under conditions with high organic-loads

  • Cleans organic deposits from irrigation systems

  • Removes any odors from the water caused by hydrogen sulfide gas

Peroxide also removes hydrogen sulfide. This compound is corrosive to plumbing and other fixtures. Meaning that peroxide is lower maintenance

And beyond those benefits, hydrogen peroxide water treatment is also environmentally friendly. It doesn't pollute water, contaminate soils or harm aquifers. In fact, it actually makes more oxygen for plans and soil to consume.

Bottle

CHLORINE DIOXIDE- PRE-OXIDANT FOR DRINKING WATER SAFETY

When looking at drinking water safety, chlorine dioxide is commonly used as a pre-oxidant for the water. If you add chlorine dioxide to the water before oxidation occurs, you will be able to prevent bacteria and algae from developing in future stages of water treatment, which is an essential component of making sure that water is safe to drink. Any floating particles in the water are oxidized when coming into contact with chlorine dioxide, which ensures that any turbidity of the surface water is removed. Very low turbidity equates to clear drinking water.

If any bio film forms in the water distribution network, chlorine dioxide is the only chemical that’s able to effectively remove bio film, which ensures that pathogenic microorganisms are killed. Since chlorine dioxide can remain active in water for as long as 48 hours, it will also prevent future buildup of bio film. if you don’t apply chlorine dioxide during the pre-oxidation phase of water treatment, there’s a higher risk that bacteria and viruses will develop, which only serves to lessen the quality of the water and make it more harmful for people to drink.

Water

CHLORINE DIOXIDE- INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION

Chlorine dioxide can also be used for a wide range of industrial applications, the primary of which involves the disinfection of cooling towers. When placed into the water, chlorine dioxide is able to disinfect the water that’s contained within cooling towers. Among the best aspect of using chlorine dioxide in a cooling tower is that doing so allows for the removal of any built-up bio film as well as the prevention of future bio film formation.

The removal of bio film is highly beneficial for companies that use cooling towers because it prevents piping and equipment within the cooling tower from becoming corroded and damaged. As such, the pumping efficiency of the cooling towers is significantly improved. Cooling towers are also known to be comprised of the ideal conditions for the development of the harmful legionella bacteria. Chlorine dioxide is able to effectively remove this bacteria.

Chlorine Dioxide

CHLORINE DIOXIDE- ODOR AND TASTE CONTROL

Another reason that chlorine dioxide is used during the water treatment process of drinking water is because it can provide companies with useful odor and taste control. When placed into water, chlorine dioxide is able to kill bacteria and algae that cause bad odors and tastes to develop. Because of these benefits, chlorine dioxide is also commonly used in the composition of personal hygiene items. When used in mouthwash products, chlorine dioxide acts as an oxidizing biocide that can assist in getting rid of bad breath. The presence of volatile phenols in the water can cause taste and odor issues as well. These phenols can be destroyed by chlorine dioxide.